I am a super hero nerd. Especially when it comes to Marvel. My favorite super hero has to be “The best there is” Wolverine.
Today I was thinking about the most common thought of super powers. Which in my opinion goes: Super Strength, Flying/Telekinesis, Telepathy, Super IQ, Super Speed, Super Reflexes, Shape Shifting, Teleportation, Invisibility, Time Travel, and Heat Manipulation. Now here’s my opinions of each one from the one I want least to the one I want most.
11. Super strength: would be cool and all, but really, I’d have no use for it. Even if my body remained the same type it is, what use would I have super strength? I am not a violent person and all my daily activities requires no use for being super strong.
10. Telepathy: To read ones mind has its uses in everyday life… but to me I might just end up getting depressed. Or other peoples mindsets might change me into a different person whom I am not. In fact I feel as though people want to be able to read minds so they can either help/change that person, or they want to change themselves. I feel as though I already am able to make good discernment in people. Plus the mind is others 100% own personal space. Why invade it?
9. Super IQ: also has little interest in me for similar reasons telepathy does… I’d probably end up getting depressed with all this knowledge. There is a lot of stuff going on in this world that is just flat out depressing. And I don’t have much interest in being outrageously smart anyway… I just don’t care about it. I know that’s not the best description but that’s how I see it.
8. Super Reflexes: Now we are getting to ones that I actually have some interest in. Super Reflexes is something that can be used in many ways. Drop your laptop, you can catch it. Be a super star athlete! Or even a crime fighter. You’d be able to use weapons and other things extremely well and probably would extremely good at most hobbies you have. Why is this still pretty low on my list though? I guess its because its too much of an action orientated power. Like super strength. I don’t have much interest in being aggressive, so I don’t have as much interest in having good reflexes.
7. Super Speed: Choosing the middle ones are a little tough. Super speed is great because you can get to places really fast while still being there. It doesn’t beat teleportation, but it could be nice so you can see where you’re going and how you’re getting there. Not just that but if you’re interested in sports (which I am not) you’d be amazing at ones like foot ball and… well cross country. As I said I am not a big fan of sports so this doesn’t have as much interest to me as other possible powers.
6. Heat Manipulation: ever wanted to just throw a fire ball at someone? Or freeze someone? Maybe you’re either too hot or too cold. So wall-ah! You change how hot it is! At the touch of your hand you can melt through things or burn them! When camping you don’t need to bring a stove cause you can just heat it up! You never would have to buy ice for that cooler again cause all you need to do is gather water and freeze it! This didn’t score higher because with modern technology I can kind of already change the temperature. Any colder or hotter just becomes action orientated… Like the whole throwing fire balls at people thing.
5. Shape Shift: Now I can finally actually be raised by wolves… Cause I can just instantly turn into a baby wolf! Or maybe I feel like getting a birds eye view of things by actually being a bird! Turning into animals would be great. You can see what its like living as a certain animal. Or be treated as certain animals. Maybe simply just escape certain situations and if no one knew about it, it might be nice to just escape reality. And if you ever wanted to be a super hero I guess this is still aggressive enough to win a few battles even use wits and strategy in it as well. I don’t really have any problems with having this… Like I said though its hard to really chose some of them.
4. Telekinesis: This used to be the one ability that I wanted most. Not only can you bring stuff to you on command but you can fly as well. I was just really thinking about the other ones and then suddenly was like… Man Telekinesis might not even be in my top 3. I am a pretty lazy person so to be able to bring things on my command would be freaking awesome. Pulling pranks on people would also be freaking awesome as well. I think though Telekinesis is a power I can make the most stories out of… which is why its one that I’ve always wanted. Its still probably one of my favorite ones out there, but compared to other ones, I’d rather have the other ones over this one.
3. Invisibility: I was actually about ready to trade this with Shape Shift because there’s a few things I’d be able to do with shape shift that I’d want to do with Invisibility… but then I changed my mind. Mostly because the stalker in me is being weird. Who hasn’t wanted to spy on someone? I can’t even lie because I am positive everyone has had that one person they wanted to spy on. Sometimes I just want to walk around without having anyone know I am there. Normally that’s when I am feeling anti social. I have learned I like to observe things so being invisible I would definitely be able to observe things much better! Being an animal could potentially get me that attention I don’t want which is why Invisibility beats it. And sometimes I honestly just want to go up to a famous person who I really like and give them a simple hug without getting some kind of restraining order. They might go crazy! But hey, just means I am going to be seeing them more often.
1 and 2. Teleportation and Time Travel: This. This was the hardest one. I kind of want to tie teleportation and time travel. In fact lets say that’s exactly what I am doing. I can’t decide between the two. At first I was thinking that I wanted Telekinesis most, then I thought about it and was like no I like other powers better for myself. Then once I got closer I was going to put Teleportation… Then once I actually had to typer one I decided Time Travel is the one I’d want… Then I started to type out teleportation for number 2 but as I was typing I was thinking I wanted it more… So I am just going to say why I like the two and why I might choose them over the other.
Time Travel: Everyone wants to fix things. Sometimes I just want to go back and fix things… Would I be in my own body now or my body then… Well either way would work for me. To go back and have the mindset I have now would be very interesting cause then I would be way smarter and more developed mentally than most kids of the time. But the problem with that is I wouldn’t be where I am at today and I might just like that area better than the potential outcome. To go back and give myself advice would keep me from making mistakes that I do think put me in positions I shouldn’t have ever been in.
Not only would I want to go back to myself but I want to experience a lot of stuff. Maybe spend a day in every interesting year. To think I could completely alter todays civilization… Holy cow. I know people say not to do that, but what if I could. What if I had the potential to make every civilization hundreds of times happier
To see the future… are all these conspiracy theories true? What things that are popular today might still be here tomorrow? Where will I be at in my life when I am all settled in. What are the new inventions. I have so many questions for what the future holds it would be amazing.
Teleportation: I was thinking about choosing this cause part of me is almost afraid of time travel. I might have to relive certain things or might unintentionally do lots of wrong. And the thought of what might happen tomorrow is a very humbling thought.
With Teleportation, I would be able to visit my friends when ever I want for starters. Thinking about it I actually think I’d want teleportation MORE than Time travel. I’d be able to escape life…. And as horrible as this might sound I’d be okay with that. I wouldn’t do anything illegal ever. But if I ever had like the world chasing after me they’d never be able to catch me. I’d just be able to escape when ever. And I think I would be okay with everyone knowing I could teleport because of that.
I’d be able to meet people I’ve always wanted to. Travel places I want to. Not have to worry about money for transportation. I’d be able to explore. And I am an adventurous person. I’d meet people from all the different cultures, which I am very interested in culture studies. The places I’ve always wanted to travel to I’d be able to.
Now I have listed the most commonly used powers. I almost through in a few more like self healing, like Wolverine. Stretch your body like Mr. Fantastic. Water manipulation. And change size. But Self healing is OP. For the others I just felt they weren’t as commonly thought of nor used as the other listed powers. Or I really just don’t care about them. So if you actually make it to the end you should either comment or message me what power you’d want most. I might make a blog post of the statistics if I get enough. Also what would you use your powers for? To do good, bad, self purposes, to help those close, to get back at people, pull pranks, to be a super hero, super villain, some kind of supreme ruler… Well those are all the things I can think of…. How would you use them?